Friday, July 11, 2008

07-11 Many Glaciers and Waterton National Park









These photos were among the last I took in Glacier National Park and do not capture the scale and grandeur of those peaks. To the eye alone, they tower above the streams and valleys dwarfing them. I had to sacrifice this quality in order to use a wider angle to show a broader landscape.
Many Glaciers is an area within the US Glacier National Park. Waterton is the Canadian National Park which adjoins Glacier. In the Waterton Park, the historic Prince of Wales Hotel a beautiful destination, sits on a high bluff overlooking the glacial lakes named Middle and Upper Waterton Lakes.
Breathtaking mountains. It was a privileged to be among them and I was glad Elaine took a photo of me in such a place.

1 comment:

TravelSouth said...

So very beautiful, Buz. The envy I feel as I look at these photos of this incredible and COOL place while I sit here in this miserable Louisiana heat is sinful. :-P