Tuesday, July 15, 2008

07-15 Leaving Rocky Mountain National Park.










Today we will be headed back south to Pueblo for a visit with Elaine’s brother John and his family. There is a small park near by he wants us to visit so he’ll crank up his motor home and we’ll head out. I’ll keep shooting as long as the scenery changes but I’ll keep putting up photos from Rocky Mountain National Park for a day or two longer.
The small mouse like creature here is a pika. This one looks like a juvenile. The wide guy is a marmot and the other is a ground squirrel. (Its body markings are similar to a chipmunk but there are no facial markings.)

2 comments:

TravelSouth said...

I love the pika also. You've convinced me I need to linger in Colorado some time in the future.

Dick:) said...

The pika's are so cute! Great that you got so close to them and the marmot.