Thursday, June 12, 2008

06-11 From John's to Rock Springs



From Alamosa to John’s is a beautiful drive which took us over La Vita Pass. My altimeter read 9,200 feet at this spot. I assume those wooden structures are a sort of wind or snow barrier. We passed through beautiful scenery but I was unable to do much photography as the pull outs are few and are usually found where there is nothing worth shooting. Saw over twenty prong horns just off the road.
We drove across southern Wyoming to Rock Springs for the night. The wind was a battle all the way. Those wooden barriers in La Vita Pass are all along the interstate but do little good. Perhaps they are for drifting snow after all. I don’t know.
Speaking of snow, we drove through two small showers but it didn’t stick. The temp now is 32 and the high expected in the Tetons is 42 or so. We’ll be there towards the end of the day. John pushed on ahead last night and is already there. More light snow is expected. I understand it is in the 90s back home in the Smokies.

1 comment:

TravelSouth said...

The Tetons! I am so envious. I look forward to lots of great photos. Enjoy that lovely cool air.